Days in Arabia

Days in Arabia

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Persian Gulf, Cityscapes, and Love Notes, Oh My!

We love visiting one of the private beaches owned by Aramco about an hour from us. It's called Ras Tanura, and it is beautiful! Since it is a private beach, I don't need to wear my abaya, and I can go swimming!




Avery pretended to be a seal or sea lion most of the time.


Maren was mostly afraid of the water, so she happily played on the beach.


Sam spent most of his time trying to find shells. Sam saw sea shells by the sea shore. The sea shells he saw were sea shells, I'm sure.


These were just some shots from above where you could see some residential areas of the city. I came across a blog online titled, "A Maze of Beige." I didn't realize why until I moved here. Every building is some kind of shade of beige.





Maren writes this at least three times a day. Apparently it says "I love Mommy." :)


Nathan has had this stuffed animal puppy named "Benji" since he was three or so. He has wanted to pass it on to Sam, but the little beads inside Benji keep leaking out and making a mess. We finally found a lady who put regular stuffing in Benji. When Benji was finally ready to be played with and cuddled with, we made signs.
We got Benji "fixed." ;)

Seamore the Sea Otter was also one of Nathan's stuffed animals from when he was little, so since Benji was getting a special sign, we figured why not let Avery's Seamore have one, too? The kids were ecstatic when they saw these.


It's impossible to actually get a picture with all four of these guys looking at the camera at the same time. We made six attempts. This was as good as it got. :) These guys make my life so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment